Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thinking Globally, Acting Locally

Now that I have been home for a few days I realize that I am adjusting to the States. I find myself being reminded that I am not in London anymore. While over in London it took me a few days to get comfortable with my surroundings and the massive amount of people. I am a very observant person and I think that helped me with trying to fit in. After a few days I think I began to get the hang of things such as using the underground and referring to things as they do. Another issue I had to get quite comfortable with was using the pound system compared to the American dollar and figuring out which coin was how much. Having the great experience of being in London for 2 weeks I now think that I can think globally. Before I left to go over there, I let my imagination run wild of what things I would see and what it would be like over there. Part of my imagination was true and other things I had completely wrong. This experience has made me much more open-minded about the World and that there is life going on outside of little Lander, Wyoming. When the next opportunity arises to travel abroad I can think back to my experience in London and remember that things may not be what you imagined them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment