Thursday, May 15, 2014

Differences between the U.S.A and London

There are many differences between London and the U.S.A. One of the most interesting differences I find is how multi-cultural London is. I understand that the U.S.A is very multi-cultural as well but I think London appreciates and respects all of the different cultures in a more positive way than the U.S.A. There are over 300 languages spoken in London which I think it can make it difficult for the Metropolitan Police to deal with at times. I live near a Native American reservation and feel that I have been exposed to different cultures but being in London has expanded my worldview of cultures.
Another difference is the cuisine. I have tried different cuisines while living in the states but coming to London I told myself that I would try some different foods. The first morning I ate a traditional English Breakfast at the hotel which consisted of beans, toast, sausage, and hard boiled eggs. It was not very satisfying and I purchased other things to eat for the rest of the mornings. Another meal I tried was the traditional fish and chips but with a side of mushy peas. The fish and chips part was amazing but the mushy peas not so much, one bite of those was enough for me. I have enjoyed experiencing several different pubs at different locations in London and have tried to expand my worldview of what I normally drink and try to venture off and try other things. Coming to London has expanded my worldview.

No comments:

Post a Comment