Friday, May 23, 2014

Consequences of Local Behavior

While studying abroad I have noticed some local behaviors that can cause consequences. One thing I have noticed is that there is a lot of smoking of cigarettes which can contribute to other peoples' health issues because of all the second hand smoke. Along with that issue of smoke there seems to be a lot of pollution from all the traffic. I guess you will have that when a city has over 8 million people just living here and then another 7 million using transportation such as the bus and underground tube systems. While using the tube we have noticed that when we blow our nose a bunch of black stuff comes out on the Kleenex, I know that sounds gross but it really is and I am sure it can't be good for your health. I have caught a pretty bad chest cold while being here and I am sure the pollution and the underground tubes have not helped. I am sure many cities are like this is the U.S.A. as well but since I live in a small town of 7,000 people I do not deal with these issues. I don't know if there will ever be anything done about these issues or if there is anything you can do when there is such a massive population.

No comments:

Post a Comment