Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Last Few Days

So the last few days have been amazing. Yesterday we went to Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey! Westminster Abbey was absolutely amazing, there are no words to describe how beautiful it was and unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures inside but WOW it has been by far my favorite part of the trip. We got to see the tombs of Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior, Elizabeth the 1st etc.. Not only that amazing history but all of the coronations of King's and Queens have taken place, the Royal Wedding, and the funeral of Princess Diana,  I can't believe that I have stood on places that are older than the history of the U.S.A. After Westminster, my roommates and I decided to head towards Buckingham Palace. Along the way we walked through St. James' Park. It was so beautiful and lush, there were lawn chairs you could sit on but of course you had to pay for them. Buckingham Palace was pretty neat, I guess I was expecting more and I am not sure why.  Needless to say after walking which felt like 5,000 miles, the girls and I called it a night. Today we visited Stonehenge was amazing, I believe that it is some type of calendar or place of worship, but it is so incredible to me that people were able to move those massive rocks which the big rocks called Sesen (not sure if that is correct) came from over 150 miles away. After Stonehenge we traveled to Bath, England where the Roman Baths are located. This was another favorite place of mine. The environment and atmosphere is great and many people came there for healing which I find very fitting for me at the moment. Anyway tomorrow is our visit to Trooping of the Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment